CAI’s DIM SUM TEAHOUSE and CATERING year round, throughout the month:
- C X Silver Gallery, 814 Western Ave., West Brattleboro, VT.
- BY APPOINTMENT: Call ahead 1-2 days in advance, (802) 579-9088
- Dining in, Orders to go, and Catering for all occasions
- For 8 or more, party menus starting at $35 per person plus tax and gratuity.
- Children’s birthday parties for 10 or more.
- Mileage charge applies if catering off-site or for deliveries.
- For more on Artist/Chef Cai’s art and art projects, visit these websites:
caixiart.com, vimeo.com/caixi/videos, Cai in action using mops and trowels as brushes, the Word Art Book project, the Pink Slip Project,
- Cai’s Dim Sum featured on NPR’s State of the Re:Union radio episode, ‘Vermont, the Small Town State‘ – Thank you, Tina Antolini!
- A place to stay: home away from home, art all around: airbnb at 814 Western Avenue. 3rd floor 3-bedroom apartment or individually, private rooms – the north room, west room, and south room.
Please let your server know of any food allergies.
- Stir-fried Rice Noodles with Tofu, Vegetables and Turmeric … $10.50
- Vietnamese Spring Roll … $6.50 for 2 pieces
- Eight Treasure Rice (Nuo Mi with Dried Fruits and Nuts) … $5.50
- Chengdu Lai Tang Yuan (Rice Flour, Brown Sugar, Nuts, Dried Fruit with Goji Berries … $8.00 for 4 pieces
- Edamame, in shell … $4.50
- Jasmine Rice … $1.50 per person
- Stir-fried Greens with Garlic … $11.50; with Mushrooms (as available) … $14.50
- Marinated Greens with Tofu … $12.50
- ** Ma Po Tofu … $10.50
- ** Marinated Chinese Eggplant … $9.50 (as available)
- ** Dan Dan Mian (Sichuan Hot and Spicy Noodles, choice of Wheat Noodles or Rice Noodles) … $7.50
- Soup Noodle Choices: Your Choice of Rice, Yam or Wheat Noodles with mushrooms and bamboo shoots… with Veggies and Tofu … $12.50; with Chicken, Beef, Pork, or Shrimp: $15.50
- Shrimp-Stuffed Cucumber with Sweet Rice … $12 for 4 pieces
- ** Yu Xiang Rou Si (Stir-fried Chicken with Zucchini, Carrots, Peppers, Onion, Chinese Mushroom) … $13.50
- Cai’s Chicken: with Turmeric, Chinese Cooking Wine, Maple Syrup … $7.50 for 2 pieces
- ** Gong Bao Ji Ding: (Chicken, Cashews, Jicama, Sweet Peppers) … $14.50
- Bai Zan Ji: Chicken with Scallion Sauce… $14.50
- Ginger Shrimp …$16.50
- ** Stir fried Beef with Chili Peppers and Tofu … $16.50
- Wonton Soup, individually prepared … $15.50
- Xiao Long Bao (Steamed Dumplings- Ground Pork with Bean Paste) … $6.50 for 5 pieces
- Ground Turkey and Cabbage Dumplings … $6.50 for 5 pieces
- Vegetarian Dumplings (Greens and Tofu) … $6.50 for 5 pieces
- Steamed Sweet Bean Paste Buns (vegetarian) … $6.50 for 2 pieces
- Shanghai Sheng Jian Bao Vegetarian Stuffed Bun: … $6.50 for 2 pieces
(Spinach, Mustard Greens, Turnip Greens, Tofu, Flax Seed, Maple Syrup, Sesame Oil, Olive Oil)
- Shao Mai Dumplings (Nuo Mi Rice, Bamboo Shoots, Chinese Pickled Vegetables, Sichuan Spices) … $6.50 for 5 pieces
- Chinese Spring Roll (Fried) … $6.50 for 2 pieces (Rice Noodles, Tofu, Sweet Peppers, Zucchini, Chinese Mushroom)
- Cong You Bing: Scallion Pancake … $5.50. (Option: With a Local Egg … $6.50)
- Da Bing: Scallion Pan-fried Bread … $6.50
- Pancake with Fresh Fruit … $5.50
- Jing Jiang Rou Si (Stir-fried Chicken or Pork, with Onions and Bean Sauce) … $16.50
- Country-style Pork Platter with Sauteed Vegetables in Season … $21
- Fish and Tofu Crockpot … $18.50
- Duck Platter (Split Duck Half) with Harvest Rice and Longan … $31
- ** Sichuan MaLa Spicy Fish with a chili-huajiao-peanut sauce (also a no-peanut option) … $25
Upon Request: Wheat-Free Gluten-Free Options (see also #34)
Vegan/Vegetarian: #8-12; Veg. Option: #13
Dumplings, Breads and Pancakes (Vegetarian: #24-31)
Chef’s Specials (Wheat-Free/Gluten Free option: #33, 34)
$4/small pot; $7/large pot
By the glass or mug: $3
Chilled tea, carafe (order in advance): $10
40. Assam Tea
41. Black Currant Ginseng Tea
42. Chamomile Tea
43. Chinese Green Tea
44. Chinese Jasmine Tea
45. Detox Tea (20 Chinese Medicinal Herbs)
46. Earl Grey Tea
47. Echinacea Tea
48. English Breakfast Tea
49. Hibiscus Tea
50. Hibiscus/Chicory/Rose Hip/Lemon/Orange Tea
51. Ku Ding Cha (bitter herb) from Chongqing
52. Lady Grey Tea
53. Mint Medley and Moroccan Mint
54. Peppermint Tea
55. Neem Tea from Rajasthan (bitter herb)
56. Pomegranate & Raspberry
57. Red Zinger (Rose Hip)
58. Rooibos Tea
59. Tulsi Tea (Rose or Ginger)
60. Bamboo Leaf Green Tea (from Sichuan)
61. Black Buckwheat (Ku Jiao) Tea (Sichuan)
62. Camellia (Kukicha) Twig Tea
63. Ceylon Tea (Orange Pekoe)
64. Cranberry Green Tea
65. Darjeeling Tea NEW
66. Earl Grey
66. Girl’s Earring Tea (from Yunnan)
67. Goji Berry Green Tea (with Matcha)
68. HaiYi Vietnamese Mountain Tea
69. Indian Chai (from Chai Wallah)
70. Indonesian Jasmine tea
71. Indonesian Red Tea
72. Irish Breakfast Tea
73. Japanese Green Tea / Sencha / Roasted Sencha
74. Jasmine Green Tea
75. Lapsang Suchong from Fujian
76. Oolong Tea (Tung Ding from Taiwan)
77. Prince of Wales Tea (Black Tea)
78. Pu’Er Tea from Yunnan
79. Scottish Breakfast Tea
80. Taiwan Mountain Tea (Alishan)
81. Tieh Guan Yin Red Tea from Fujian
82. Xi Hu Long Jing Green Tea
83. XinYang MaoJian Bamboo Tip Green Tea
84. White Tea (Loose White or Tazo Berry Blossom)
85. Yerba Maté
86. Sour Plum Drink … $3
87. Mango Yogurt Drink … $4
88. Aloe Drink … $3
89. Icees: Mango, Raspberry, Mixed … $4.50
Cai’s Chili Sauce: $4 a jar
SPICY-NESS: ** … spicy hot.
Any spicy hot dish may also be served not hot or mildly hot.
RESERVATIONS, ORDERS TO GO, and CATERING REQUESTS
(802) 257-7898, ext. 3 or (802) 579-9088 (phone-in 1-3 days in advance, recommended)
includes a ten percent surcharge on the pre-tax total, using compostable containers whenever possible.
MENU is updated periodically online at: http://www.dimsumvt.com. Email inquiries to dimsumvermont[at]gmail.com
PRICES are subject to change; 10 percent meals tax extra (9 percent VT, 1 percent Brattleboro); gratuity extra.
Welcome to bring your own wine. The wine service fee is $10.
WEEKLY at the FARMERS MARKETS
- Saturdays, 9am – 2pm, May through October, at the Brattleboro Area Farmers Market.
- Saturdays, 10am-2pm, November through March, The Winter Farmers Market, downtown at 157 Main Street, The River Garden, Brattleboro.
- During April (and other times during the year), contact the Teahouse in West Brattleboro to arrange private dinners, orders to go or catering an event, (802) 257-7898 ext. 3.
- For meetings, reunions, retreats, workshops, and other gatherings
- Kids, families, organizations, companies
- Groups from 6 to 50 and more.
- Chinese art and culture themed activities as an option
- (802) 257-7898 ext. 3.