CAI’s DIM SUM TEAHOUSE and CATERING:
- DINE IN, with art all around.
- Reservations: (802) 579-9088, by appointment.
- PRIVATE DINNERS, by appointment, throughout the month. Call to arrange.
- ORDERS TO GO, arranged by phone 1 to 2 days in advance
- CATERING FOR ALL OCCASIONS (parties, meetings, conferences, events, celebrations, private dinners, reunions, gatherings of 2 to 102)
- Selected items from the menu, including vegan and gluten-free options, are available at Bellows Falls Farmers Market, Friday evenings May 10 – Oct. 11; Brattleboro Area Farmers Market Saturdays May-October; and the Winter Farmers Market November-March.
- Friday evening of Strolling of the Heifers Weekend (this year June 7) there will be a Dim Sum booth on Main Street in downtown Brattleboro.
- 2nd Sundays each month, all day, September through May each year, 11:00am-8:00pm at C X Silver Gallery, 814 Western Ave., West Brattleboro, VT, one mile west of I-91 Exit 2 on Route 9, on the left.
- Using free-range turkey (ground) and naturally-raised chicken of Misty Knoll Farms
- For more on Artist/Chef Cai’s art and art projects, visit these websites:
caixiart.com, vimeo.com/caixi/videos, and her Word Art Book project.
Cai’s Dim Sum was featured on NPR’s State of the Re:Union radio episode, ‘Vermont, the Small Town State‘ – (first 7 minutes of Segment C, or, from 32:05 to 39:20 of the entire radio episode.) Thank you, Tina Antolini!
The Dim Sum Teahouse’s C X Silver Gallery and the ongoing Art-as-Food-as-Art project was featured in Artscope, New England’s Culture Magazine:
Please let your server know of any food allergies.
- Wheat-Free / Gluten-Free (Vegetarian) (#1-7)
- Stir-fried Rice Noodles with Tofu, Vegetables and Turmeric … $8.50
- Vietnamese Spring Roll … $5.50 for 2 pieces
- Eight Treasure Rice (Nuo Mi with Dried Fruits and Nuts) … $5.00
- Chengdu Lai Tang Yuan (Rice Flour, Brown Sugar, Nuts, Dried Fruit with Goji Berries … $6.00 for 4 pieces
- Edamame, in shell … $4.00 NEW
- Jasmine Rice … $1.50 per person
- Stir-fried Greens with Garlic/Ginger/Tamari … $9.50
- Stir-fried Greens with Tofu … $10.50
- ** Ma Po Tofu … $8.50
- ** Marinated Chinese Eggplant … $8.50
- ** Dan Dan Mian (Sichuan Hot and Spicy Noodles, choice of Wheat Noodles or Rice Noodles) … $5.50
- Soup Noodle Choices: Your Choice of Rice, Yam or Wheat Noodles with… Beef, Pork, Chicken, Shrimp, or Vegan) … $10.50; with Shrimp: $11.50
- Jing Jiang Rou Si (Stir-fried Chicken, special sauce) … $10.50 (NEW)
- ** Yu Xiang Rou Si (Stir-fried Chicken with Zucchini, Carrots, Peppers, Onion, Chinese Mushroom) … $10.50
- Cai’s Chicken: with Turmeric, Chinese Cooking Wine, Maple Syrup … $6.50 for 2 pieces
- ** Gong Bao Ji Ding: (Chicken, Cashews, Jicama, Sweet Peppers) … $10.50
- Bai Zan Ji: Garlic and Scallion Chicken … $9.50
- Ginger Shrimp …$10.50
- ** Stir fried Beef with Chili Peppers and Tofu … $10.50
- Xiao Long Bao (Steamed Dumplings- Ground Pork with Bean Paste) … $6.50 for 5 pieces
- Ground Turkey and Cabbage Dumplings … $6.50 for 5 pieces
- Vegetarian Dumplings (Greens and Tofu) … $6.50 for 5 pieces
- Shanghai Sheng Jian Bao Vegetarian Stuffed Bun: … $6.50 for 2 pieces
(Spinach, Mustard Greens, Turnip Greens, Flax Seed, Maple Syrup, Sesame Oil, Olive Oil, Black Sesame Seed)
- Shao Mai Dumplings (Nuo Mi Rice, Bamboo Shoots, Chinese Pickled Vegetables, Sichuan Spices) … $4.50 for 5 pieces
- Chinese Spring Roll (Fried) … $5.50 for 2 pieces (Rice Noodles, Tofu, Sweet Peppers, Zucchini, Chinese Mushroom)
- Cong You Bing: Scallion Pancake … $4.00. (Option: With a Local Egg … $5.00)
- Da Bing: Scallion Pan-fried Bread … $5.50
- Pancake with Fresh Fruit … $4.50
- Fish and Tofu Crockpot … $18.50 Wheat-free / Gluten-free
- Duck Platter (Split Duck Half) with Long Yan (cousin to the Lychee) and Harvest Rice (Brown/Wild/Red Rice Blend, Carrots, Raisins, Cranberries) … $25
Upon Request: Wheat-Free Gluten-Free Options (see also #34) (Vegetarian: #8-12; Veg. Option: #13)
Dumplings,Breads, and Pancakes (#24,26-31 Vegetarian)
$4/small pot; $7/large pot
By the glass or mug: $3
40. Assam Tea
41. Black Currant Ginseng Tea
42. Camellia (Kukicha) Twig Tea
43. Chamomile Mint Tea
44. Chinese Green Tea
45. Chinese Jasmine Tea
47. Detox Tea (20 Chinese Medicinal Herbs)
48. Earl Grey Tea
49. Echinacea Tea
50. English Breakfast Tea
51. Hibiscus Tea
52. Hibiscus/Chicory/Rose Hip/Lemon/Orange Tea
53. Lady Grey Tea
54. Mint Medley
55. Peppermint Tea
56. Red Zinger (Rose Hip)
57. Rooibos Tea
58. Tulsi Tea
60. Black Tartary Buckwheat (KuQiao) Tea (from Sichuan) NEW
61. Ceylon Tea (Orange Pekoe)
62. China Red Tea (from Fujian)
63. Cranberry Green Tea
64. Darjeeling Tea NEW
65. Earl Grey
66. Girl’s Earring Tea (from Yunnan) NEW
67. Goji Berry Green Tea (with Matcha)
68. Guan Yin Tea
69. Indian Chai (from Chai Wallah)
70. Indonesian Jasmine tea
71. Indonesian Red Tea
72. Irish Breakfast Tea NEW
73. Japanese Green Tea / Sencha / Roasted Sencha
74. Jasmine Green Tea
75. Lapsang Suchong from Fujian
76. Oolong Tea from Fujian
77. Prince of Wales Tea (Black Tea)
78. Pu’Er Tea from Yunnan
79. Scottish Breakfast Tea
80. Taiwan Mountain Tea
81. Xi Hu Long Jing Tea
82. White Tea (Loose White or Tazo Berry Blossom)
83. Yerba Maté
85. Sour Plum Drink … $3
86. Mango Yogurt Drink … $4
87. Aloe Drink … $3
89. Icees: Mango, Raspberry, Mixed … $3.75
Cai’s Red Chili Sauce: $4 a jar
SPICY-NESS: ** … spicy hot.
Any spicy hot dish may also be served not hot or mildly hot.
RESERVATIONS, ORDERS TO GO, and CATERING REQUESTS
(802) 257-7898, ext. 3 or (802) 579-9088 (phone-in 1-3 days in advance, recommended)
includes a ten percent surcharge on the pre-tax total, using compostable containers whenever possible.
MENU is updated periodically online at: http://www.dimsumvt.com. Email inquiries to dimsumvermont[at]gmail.com
PRICES are subject to change; 10 percent meals tax extra (9 percent VT, 1 percent Brattleboro); gratuity extra.
WEEKLY at the FARMERS MARKETS
- Saturdays, 9am – 2pm, at the Brattleboro Area Farmers Market, May through October.
- Thursdays, 3:30-6:30pm Townshend Common Farmers Market, starting June 7 – October 11.
- Fridays, 4-7pm, Bellows Falls Farmers Market; except: 1st Fridays, 5-8pm, at Gallery Walk, Main Street, in Brattleboro.
- Saturdays, 9am-2pm, Brattleboro Area Farmers Market.
- Sundays, 12-3pm, Putney Farmers Market (except 2nd Sundays).
- During April (and other times during the year), contact the Teahouse in West Brattleboro to arrange orders to go or catering, (802) 257-7898 ext. 3.
(Dine-in is twice a month for now, Sunday number two each month at the Gallery in West Brattleboro and Friday number three each month downtown at Brattleboro Museum. You can also place orders to go (Gallery only) throughout the month by calling ahead with at least one to three days notice to arrange the order and a pick up time.)
- Sun. Apr. 8, 10:00am-8:00pm: C X Silver Gallery, 814 Western Avenue, Rt. 9, West Brattleboro
- Fri. Apr. 20, 5:30-9:00pm: Brattleboro Museum, 10 Vernon St., downtown
- Sun. May 13, 10:00am-8:00pm: C X Silver Gallery, 814 Western Avenue, Rt. 9, West Brattleboro
- Fri. May 18, 5:30-9:00pm: Brattleboro Museum, 10 Vernon St., downtown
- Sun. June 10, 10:00am-8:00pm: C X Silver Gallery, 814 Western Avenue, Rt. 9, West Brattleboro
- Fri. June 22, 5:30-9:00pm: Brattleboro Museum, 10 Vernon St., downtown
- For meetings, reunions, retreats, workshops, and other gatherings
- Kids, families, organizations, companies
- Groups from 6 to 50 and more.
- Chinese art and culture themed activities as an option
- (802) 257-7898 ext. 3.
We are planning to expand the year-round one-Sunday-a-month West Brattleboro dine-in into a weekly restaurant. If this is of interest to you, let us know if you would like to take an active role: There are lots of funds to be raised to…
- …expand and upgrade the existing kitchen
- …create a new wheelchair accessible entrance and restroom
- …upgrade the signage out front
- …spread the word about our unique environment and the services offered to the community.